Friday, August 1, 2008

Feelin like a million bucks

I remember when Katy got married, Richard influenced her clothes-buying habits. Well, the same thing has happened to me -- Eric got me to spend a LOT more money on a new suit than I ever would have before. It's so nice. And was so expensive. Here's a pic.


The difference between the suit on this model and me? I don't do strangely contorted poses. But it is nice, and it's up there as one of the nicest things I've ever owned, and maybe will ever own. It will be very, very nice to have, though, as I fill my role on the PRSSA National Committee.

I broke it in today, and I'll tell you, it's interesting how people treat you different when you're in a suit. I got more smiles, more hellos, more respect in general as I walked around campus and then in Salt Lake later.

Interesting how clothes can affect the way people act toward other people. Hm, food for thought, eh?

4 comments:

Amy said...

Cindy, it's funny how your husbands got you spend MORE money on clothes. What's that like? I can't imagine! But anyway-- nice suit. I've always wanted a nice suit but I really would have no use for it NOW. I can get away with PJs most days of my life:0) I know that sounds depressing, but it's really quite nice to have a simple life.

Katy said...

AMEN to PJs! I don't even like jeans anymore--not comfortable enough.

It is nice to have a hubby who helps you feel okay about spoiling yourself every now and then, eh? But I'm not saying Amy's missing out. I'm sure David makes sure she's spoiled in his own way.

Nice suit. I bet you look smokin' in it.

Unknown said...

Amy, I can't wait until my days are simple enough that I can get away with PJs. I already do that most Saturdays when I don't have something else going on.

Amy said...

Oh, David's not as bad as I make him out to be. I buy clothes all the time and he only complains a little:0)