Monday, July 21, 2008

Yum!

Since I'm married, it is only fitting that I am going to start blogging about recipes :o)

First off, I need to recommend this site for finding yummy recipes. The best thing about it (besides the fact that I've liked every recipe I've gotten from them) is that you can change the number of servings you want to make and it adjusts the ingredients list for you. Try it out. It's amazing.

Second, I thought I'd mention a fun spin-off on an old family favorite -- chicken rolls. Eric got creative yesterday because we had some leftover curry sauce.

2 grilled chicken breasts, cubed
3/4 package cream cheese
1/4 can diced tomatoes
1 green onion, chopped
1 package unbaked crescent rolls
Dried cranberries

Grill chicken and cut into small squares. Mix cream cheese, tomatoes and green onion and chicken. Roll mixture in unbaked crescent rolls; bake as directed on roll packaging or until golden brown.

Top with curry sauce and dried cranberries. Eat it. It's yummy!

Curry Sauce
1/2 can cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup
1 dollop mayonnaise or miracle whip
1 teaspoon curry powder (add to taste)

Heat for 2 minutes in microwave on high; stir, repeat.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Sounds oh so yummy!

Katy said...

Nummy! How 'bout you come cook for me? :o)

Edna said...

I'm going to try it as soon as I have lost two more pounds. It sounds like a delightful upgrade of an old favorite.