Sunday, September 30, 2012

Life 'round here


We ventured out to Homecoming. Noah watched intently and was mad when we left at halftime. 

Virginia, on the other hand, was probably glad to go home so she could sleep somewhere more comfortable :) 


Noah hadn't expressed any interest in holding Virginia for a while, but in the past week or so his interest has been sparked, so we've been having some closely supervised sibling bonding. Noah loves his sister, sometimes just a little too much. Virginia thinks he's hilarious and he can get cute giggles and smiles from her.

She's getting a little giant for this, crazy how fast they grow!

 Virginia gets distracted if I nurse with people in the room, especially her rambunctious brother, so we retreat to her room at meal time. The only problem is that I never know what I'm going to come out to discover! This day it was salt allllllllllll over the table and his lunch that I had just made. 

We hosted a Fisher Price Joy of Learning house party. The kids had a blast testing out some free toys!



We spend plenty of time over at the other Badger household with Grammy, Grandad, Mark & Tracy, and of course Noah's super fun cousins!. This was the scene one Sunday after all the fun. He usually will ONLY sleep in a bed, but he was out like a light when we got home. It's such a joy to watch him play with his cousins, especially Ella, who he often reminds us is his "best friend."

You lookin' at me?

A picture of me, for kicks. 

And I didn't clean the house before I took these photos and we're still kind of a work in progress, but I figured I would cave and let people see my house. Here's the entertainment center and matching bookshelves that Eric built. Yay for it being done! 

Our dining area. Free table from Becca and Taber, woot. 
  

The kitchen. For the most part I LOVE it (especially having full-sized appliances!) but it has also given me a good idea of some things I want to do to customize my future kitchen in a home that I own :)

 

Noah's room, well played in that day. 

Virginia's room.

 For some reason my photos of our bedroom aren't coming up, so I guess you'll have to live in suspense over what our master suite looks like. It's actually kind of enormous, but we got a couch from Eric's parents that helped fill the space and a vanity that used to be Eric's grandmother's (Virginia's namesake). So things are shaping up around here, I am sure I'll get nice and happy with how it looks and then we'll find out where we're moving to next, haha. We're just really glad to be here in DeRidder and be close to family, especially with Ted right now and be able to help out where we can.

Love you all!

4 comments:

Adam Ellsworth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ok said...

The kids' bedrooms are huge! Wow! (I guess it doesn't hurt that their furniture is all tiny...) And the kitchen is huge too - it needs an island! Love the house!

Amy said...

Thanks for the update. LOVE the house. So nice!

Matt and Ness said...

BIG kitchen! I love it! And the shelves Eric made. Nice work! Yay for living close to cousins.

I didn't know you knew Sarah...small world. Her husband was Matt's roommate. Oh wait, I guess he knows Eric from freshman year. Like how I answered my own question right here? ;)